Mary Undoer of Knots

Christ came to bring JOY;

Joy to children, joy to parents,

Joy to families and friends,

Joy to the sick and elderly,

Joy to all humanity.

In a true sense, JOY is the keynote message of Christianity,

And the recurring motif of the Gospels.

Go, therefore, and become Messengers of Joy!

~ Pope John Paul II

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving

Soooooooo THANKFUL!  There is a whole new feeling at my Church now that we have a resident pastor.  I don't think I can explain it, but Mass on Sunday was just sooooooo WONDERFULLY JOYFUL!!  We have a pastor with the heart of a servant of Mary and the stability of knowing there is a shepherd avalable when we need him.  I, for one, and so grateful for this.  We are loved.  Thank you, Jesus and Mary! 

It was this time last year, that I went to visit the Daughters of Mary for the first time in New Britain, Connecticut.  I wondered why God would send me THERE, of all the places in the world I could possibly go.  But then one of the first things Sr. Alma showed me when I walked in, was the monstrance in the chapel--It was Mary, with arms raised, holding our Eucharistic Jesus.  It was beautiful, but the most amazing thing was that the words on the bottom said AD JESUM PER MARIAM (to Jesus through Mary).  Without knowing that or even thinking about it, I had started signing all of my correspondence to friends "To Jesus Through Mary," for the past year.  I don't know where it came from or why I started doing it, but there it was, live and in person.  It was definitely a God-incidence for me.  Very cool.  The sentiment had long been in my heart and there it was, shining back at me.  Wow.

So here I am a year later, no closer to the convent, but so thankful for what God has taught me in this desert.  With His help, I am definitely better able to surrender and trust, although still not great at it.  Maybe when I am finally ready to learn this, He will let me go!  :-)  No worries.  I am thankful for each day, and looking forward to Advent with my family and friends.  His timing is perfect, His plan is perfect and there is nothing more I could possibly need that He will not provide.  He is ever faithful.  Thank you, Father.  Thank you, Jesus.  Thank you, Holy Spirit.  Thank you, Blessed Mother.  Fiat.

No comments: