Mary Undoer of Knots

Christ came to bring JOY;

Joy to children, joy to parents,

Joy to families and friends,

Joy to the sick and elderly,

Joy to all humanity.

In a true sense, JOY is the keynote message of Christianity,

And the recurring motif of the Gospels.

Go, therefore, and become Messengers of Joy!

~ Pope John Paul II

Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year

A new year…..only 118 days until April 29, 2012.

Last week was incredible. I spent the week with my soon-to-be sisters at the monastery, and enjoyed such deep peace and rest. This peace can only come from Christ, and I am extraordinarily grateful. I felt so comfortable and at home. I wondered how could I love these sisters so much already, when I have not known them for very long, and soon I had my answer. The truth is that I love them because I love the Jesus in them, the Jesus who lives in them and works through them. He is my Beloved, so it is no wonder I would feel so close to these sisters who reflect Him so beautifully with their very being.

I have great hope that I will be able to enter the monastery as planned in 118 days, even though I am no closer to my goal than I was 2 years ago. And even though I do have great hope, it has only taken a day "post monastery" for the stress to creep back in. The contract for the sale of my house expired yesterday and so I am feeling a bit worried again. OK. More than a bit worried. But my trust must be in the Lord, even though the evil one is capitalizing on my weakness right now.  Mother of Mercy, pray for me.

The potential buyer (from the expired contract), is a dear man, and very sincere about helping me, but I must try to see what I can do now that I am rapidly running out of time, and he does not have the resources to complete the deal at this time.

The natural gas boom in this area has made for quite a housing shortage. I will call a realtor this week to see what the realities are for a similar deal as my previous buyer made, selling the house and everything in it for enough to cover my educational loans and mortgage, etc.   But this must happen fast, as I need time to close my office and make a deal on settling my school loan.  Time is of the essence.

If anyone is reading this, please pray for me

May this new year be the year that brings you and me, ever closer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus.  God bless you, and Happy New Year!

No comments: